Thursday, October 3, 2013

Brain Vomit

After feeling tense and unable to vent my feelings to someone, I suddenly realized, "OH WAIT.  I HAVE A BLOG."  It was a "duh" kind of moment.

So you're going to start seeing some more posts.  The main subject will be problems at work, as a way to document some things that are going on.  Brain Vomit, coming up!

I also wanted to update on Patrick.  He went to a new psychiatrist today, the one that will keep track of his meds.  She was recommended by 4 people, and they were right to recommend her.  She spent an hour and a half with us today and she changed his meds to an extended dose of Ritalin.  Thank goodness!  She said the one he has been on is only a 3 hour dose.  This new one will be eight!  The teacher will be so relieved.  She also noticed slight symptoms of Asperger's so she said we'll keep an eye on it.  I'd heard that before from his therapist, so no worries.  Besides, it's not like he all of a sudden has something.  It's just a new word for him.  Who knew all the talking on and on and on would be low spectrum autism?  Huh.

The short story of work is new boss, new boss's boss to be hired, reduction in the workload due to RA, shuffling of work to even the load for everyone in the office, lack of budget money for extra help next summer, new boss, new boss, and new boss (same one, just lots of issues).

A Sample
This is what will keep me up tonight.  Technically, it IS keeping me up tonight.  I requested Friday, Oct. 4th off around a month ago.  Received permission and then decided not to take the trip.  ...supposedly I let my boss, Ms. Ogre, know that I wouldn't be taking off...  I decided that with all the stress, I should take that trip afterall.  If the bosom of the family can't make it better, nothing will!  But I informed her the 2nd time.  She didn't like that.  And it's fiscal year end, a very bad time to go.  Could I go a different weekend?  Yes, except homecoming is this weekend and I've missed it for 7 years.  She said she almost told me Wednesday that I couldn't go but she knew she'd "hear about it."  Whatever.

I planned ahead and, to make up for taking Friday off, I worked from home on Sunday, 7.1 hours.  I meant to work more the rest of the week in the evenings, but I wasn't feeling good all week.  So the discussion today was that I was informed we're never doing this again at year end.  Even though I reminded her again that I'd worked 7 hours from home on Sunday, Ms. Ogre wouldn't acknowledge it and understand that I'm a day ahead of where I would have otherwise been.  That's what makes me the maddest.  Whenever we have a discussion, she needs to one-up me, and prove to me what she's saying, and refuse to understand what I'm trying to say.  She then repeats it 3 or 4 times so that it starts feeling like an argument.  Did I mention this is her first management job?

Future Brain Vomit entries will discuss the legal definition of my job.  I'm salaried non-exempt which means I'm supposed to be paid overtime.  That's being called into question.  I need to be more like Jane, see?  Isn't she such a good employee for working extra and not getting paid for it?  She'll have some comp time when she wants.  Isn't she such a good girl?  Well, sure, if you want to break the law that way instead since legally you can't pay via comp time.

Oh the Brain Vomit that's coming!

Thanks for listening.  I know people with much bigger problems.  I keep them in my prayers!  (Love ya babe!)

1 comment: