Monday, July 15, 2013

Dealing with the Ex: Mr. Charming

This post might be more dangerous than any other.  Why, you ask?  Well, because a long time ago, someone told me I'm still in love with the Ex.  WHAT?!

Mr. Charming.  Many people can see the intelligence and charm right away.  Eventually the jerk can be seen, but until then, Mr. C is IN.  Don't get me wrong.  Mr. C will not win me back.  But, oh, how I miss the intellectual conversations!

I just texted back and forth with Mr. C for about half an hour.  About phone carriers.  Cell phones.  POT PIES.  Now I find myself wanting to send him the recipe for my pot pies, which Patrick says is the best thing he's ever eaten.  I know if I sent it I'd ask him to tell me how to spice it right, because that's my weakness in recipes.  The running joke in our marriage was that Mr. C could take cat food and sawdust and make a gourmet meal.  There were so many times when I'd look in the cupboards and couldn't find anything to make, and Mr. C would walk in there and whip something up that was DE-LISH.

Honestly, though, the root of his problems is sex.  Call it sex addiction if you'd like (I don't, he does), but if he just kept him thing in his pants, things would have been better.  Mr. Charming.

Still a jerk.

No comments:

Post a Comment